Karen Sperling's Painting for Photographers Volume 1 video tutorials show you the art lessons and Corel Painter brushes, tools and techniques for turning photos into classic, Rembrandt-esque-style painting.
Volume 1 also has easy-to-follow step-by-step details for harnessing the power of Painter's versatile image hose tools that let you paint multiple images as a steady stream from your brush--a real time saver when painting portrait backgrounds.
• Art lessons exploring the work of the Great Master portrait artists, including Caravaggio, Velázquez and Rembrandt and how you can incorporate these time-honored techniques into painting your own masterpieces.
• How to decide if a photo is a good candidate to be turned into a painting.
• Selecting and editing selections in Photoshop.
• Choosing color schemes.
• Adjusting tones and colors in Photoshop to prepare the photo to be turned into a painting based on traditional art concepts.
• Setting up Tracing Paper in Painter.
• Painter's Smart Blur.
• How to use Painter's brushes.
• How to use Painter's custom palettes.
• How to work with Painter's clones.
• How to work with Painter's Tracing Paper.
• How to edit Painter's brushes.
• How to paint photos in Painter.
• How to paint eyes based on traditional art theories, including Painter demonstration.
• How to paint lips based on traditional art theories, including Painter demonstration.
• How to paint jewelry based on traditional art theories, including Painter demonstration.
• How to paint clothing based on traditional art theories, including Painter demonstration.
• How to paint furniture based on traditional art theories, including Painter demonstration.
• How to paint flowers and hands based on traditional art theories, including Painter demonstration.
• How to use Karen Sperling's special tips and techniques.
• How to create custom brushes.
• How to use shortcut keys to speed up work.
• How to paint with the image hose.
• How to create great image hose nozzles.
• How to use the versatile image hose for unique portrait backgrounds.
• Start-to-finish workflow steps.
Accompanying the videos are bonus backgrounds and image hose nozzles suitable for both professional photographers and hobbyists to use to enhance painted portraits.
The Painting for Photographers Volume 1 tutorial videos include detailed steps for using Painter's exotic image hose brush, which sprays steams of images in one fell brushstroke.
You can either paint with the bonus nozzles and backgrounds that are part of the video collection, or you can create your own nozzles and paint with them. Included are movies explaining all these alternatives.
You can use the Image Hose for photographic and painterly results.
For example, here's a photographic portrait background painted with the image hose nozzles in the Painting for Photographers Video Tutorials, which also show you how to create your own unique patterns.
Painting by Karen Sperling based on a photo by Kathy Beach.
Here are the nine bonus backgrounds included in the Painting for Photographers Video Tutorials.
Paintings by Karen Sperling.
The horizontal backgrounds are 20" x 16" at 300 dpi and can either be resized larger or smaller or cropped for vertical paintings.
Here are the bonus nozzles included with the Painting for Photographers video tutorials. There are 14 all together with the video tutorials.
Paintings by Karen Sperling.
Included with the Painting for Photographers Video Tutorials Volume 1 is a set of 25 brushes and 52 pages of new bonus tutorials showing how to use them.
Compatible with all versions of Painter X to 2018, these Volume 1 brushes match their function, including painting eyes and painting hair in the style of watercolors and oils.
Also included are foliage and texture brushes that are useful for painting portrait backgrounds and landscapes.
The Volume 1 brushes get rave reviews like this:
In response to your brushes and tutorials. I have spent the last couple days working with them all and
I can attest that they are amazing in achieving the results I desire. You have made these brushes
intuitive and extremely responsive. I especially love the oils for creating beautiful portraits!
The tutorials are easy to follow, allowing you to create a masterpiece with minimal effort and
in a short amount of time! Thank you for taking the time to produce these brushes.
Digital Fine Artist
The Painting for Photographers Video Tutorials include a free issue of Karen Sperling's highly acclaimed ezine, Artistry Tips and Tricks, with step-by-step written instructions and illustrations for turning a photo into a painting in Corel Painter.
Painting by Karen Sperling.
Photo by Anita Morrison.
Photo by Karen Sperling.
The Portraits video tutorials have terrific information, brushes and backdrop textures, and show the interface for Painter X and 11. You'll find that the steps are slightly different from those shown in the videos if you're using Painter 12, X3, 2015, 2016, 2017 or 2018, but not so different that you can't figure them out--like the brushes being on the right before Painter 12 and on the left starting with Painter 12--that sort of thing.
When you are familiar with the interface of Painter 12 and later versions, you will find you are able to go through the portraits videos, even though they show the pre-Painter 12 interface.
If you go through any of the Artistry materials created for Painter 12 and later, including the Artistry Beginners tutorials and the Painting for Photographers ebook or printed book, or any of the other Artistry video tutorials or classes, you will have enough information about Painter under your belt to follow the video tutorials in this volume.
Many people have ordered the Portraits video tutorials who are using Painter 12, X3, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018 and haven't had a problem.
Please write to Karen Sperling with questions.
Please note: The Video Tutorials aren't automatic downloads. A person sends them to you. You will receive the video links within 24 hours of your order during regular business hours Monday through Friday U.S. Pacific Time.
Stay in the Artistry loop!
Get the latest news about Corel Painter classes, books, video tutorials, webinars, videos, discounts, and freebies for turning photos into paintings by Elite Corel Painter Master Karen Sperling.